Tuesday, October 14, 2008

GREAT NEWS

In summary, it is our understanding that, effective immediately, families who filed Form I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition, prior to April 1, 2008 and whose USCIS approval of that petition (aka the I-171H/I-797C) has not expired, will be able to proceed with their adoption under the I-600A process if they take certain steps while their approval remains valid. This means that families with valid Form I-600A approvals will not be required to transition to The Hague process via the Form I-800A. In order to maintain their status as ‘grandfathered’ cases, families with non-expired Form I-600A approvals must request a one-time free extension. Then, prior to the expiration of the one-time free extension, families must file a new Form I-600A and pay the appropriate fee.

This news is a relive for all of us that will be affected if we had to change to the new rules, a good news in this long long road to China.

3 comments:

Millie said...

Big relief sigh!!

Blessings, Millie

Kim said...

I am sooo glad..
That means we will have our little girls..
If they didn't pass that.. we would've been out..
YEAH..
Hugs girly..

Gina said...

I am really out of the loop as far as this I600A, Hague thing but I'm just really glad that you can proceed with out any additional hassle.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations